Fiverr is a popular freelance marketplace where people can buy and sell creative services for as little as $5, but it’s not the only option. In this article, we’ll introduce you to a few of the best alternatives to Fiverr, so that you are able to find the perfect fit for your project. Some people are too busy or specialized to meet the needs of freelancing platforms, but they still want to work from home and enjoy the same kinds of freedoms that freelancers have.
The online market place for work. Microworkers is an online platform that connects clients with workers who carry out micro-tasks or complete simple jobs that require less than 10 minutes of time. With Microworkers, you’ll be able to accomplish many things on your list such as categorizing images, finding contact information, and various other similar tasks. These simple jobs can bring in a little bit of extra money if you have spare time while being flexible enough to fit into your schedule since they can be done at any hour of day.
- Quick and easy way to find workers for small tasks•
- Affordable prices•
- Wide range of services offered•
- Good customer service•
- Easily accessible platform
- Some tasks may be too simple or low-paying•
- A limited number of workers available in some areas•
- It May is not suitable for complex or time-consuming tasks
If you’re a writer, Upwork can be a great alternative to Fiverr. With categories for copywriting, blogs, and general writing (and many freelance-focused subcategories within those), there’s a lot of flexibility to make money as a freelancer through Upwork. The catch: competition on Upwork is much stiffer. And, unlike on Fiverr where jobs are simple and brief, you have to have an established profile that can deliver quality writing work. Still, if you’re at all serious about freelancing and you don’t mind putting some effort into building up your profile, Upwork might be worth considering.
- With Upwork, you can get help with a wide variety of tasks, not just writing. •
- You can choose to work with someone based on their reviews and ratings from past clients. •
- Pay is usually higher on Upwork than it is on Fiverr.•
- You can request specific writers for your project.•
- There is a longer turnaround time for projects on Upwork than there is on Fiverr, but this also means that the quality of the work is usually better.
- Because there is more competition on Upwork, you may have to spend more time bidding on projects than you would on Fiverr. •
- The quality of work can vary greatly from one freelancer to the next, so it’s important to take the time to find a good match for your project. •
- Payments are made through Upwork’s escrow system, which can take a few days to process.
It is a platform that allows businesses to hire top tech talent on an hourly basis. Toptal’s clients range from startups like Twilio, Eventbrite, and LemonStand to established companies like Xerox, Morgan Stanley, and Salesforce. So what makes it so different from Fiverr? For starters, Toptal focuses specifically on remote freelance developers. If you are an entrepreneur with a killer idea but need help actually bringing it to life then Toptal can be your best friend. It is more expensive than other platforms but will provide you with top-quality freelancers for all your development needs.
- Allowing businesses to hire top tech talent on an hourly basis.•
- The clients range from startups to established companies.•
- The platform is easy to use and efficient.•
- The quality of the candidates is high.•
- The customer service is responsive and helpful.
- There is a limited pool of candidates to choose from.•
- The fees can be expensive for some businesses.•
- There is a risk that the hired candidate may not be a good fit for the company.
99designs allows designers and clients to connect, giving designers an opportunity to submit their designs for contests. Once you do that, you can then review design submissions from hundreds of designers around the world and choose your favorite.
- Opportunity to connect with other designers.•
- Submitting designs for contests gives designers a chance to earn money and recognition.•
- Clients can browse through a variety of designs before choosing one.•
- The site is easy to use and navigate.•
- Payment is made through PayPal, so it is secure.
- Some contests may have too many designs, making it difficult for individual designers to stand out.•
- The client may not choose any of the designs, in which case the designer does not get paid.•
- There is no guarantee that the client will be happy with the winning design.
PeoplePerHour is an outsourcing platform with over 15 million registered users worldwide. It brings together businesses and independent contractors or freelancers, who offer professional services ranging from writing and web development to virtual assistance. Launched back in 2007, PeoplePerHour already has a global presence with its office in the UK and representatives working across Australia, Asia Pacific, and the US. One of its biggest strengths is how it brings the best of online recruiting platforms to freelance job marketplaces. It simplifies registration for clients, manages workflows for projects to deliver better service, creates job boards where people can list their skills as well as automates payment settlements via PayPal.
- PeoplePerHour offers a huge pool of talented freelancers from all over the world.•
- The site is easy to use and navigate.•
- PeoplePerHour has a very user-friendly interface.•
- The pricing is very competitive.•
- There is a lot of flexibility in terms of project scope and price.
- Some freelancers on the site are not as reliable as others.•
- The quality of work can vary greatly from one freelancer to another.•
- There is always the risk that a freelancer will not complete a project or will not meet the expectations set forth by the client.
- PeoplePerHour takes a cut of every project completed on the site (15%)
Truelancer has a user rating system to help you find who you’re working with, making sure that they are legit, and trusted workers. It’s free to start on Truelancer and get access to a plethora of talented workers from all over the world. Be sure to check it out if you’re looking for outsourced work.
- You can find trusted workers from all over the world.•
- The user rating system ensures that you’re working with legit, trusted workers.•
- It’s free to start on Truelancer.•
- You have access to a plethora of talented workers.•
- You can find work that is outsourced.
- There is no guarantee of quality work.•
- You may have to sift through a lot of applications to find the right candidate.•
- The pay may not be as good as if you were to hire someone locally.
If you’re an online entrepreneur, you know the struggle of finding freelance talent. And if you hire the wrong contractor, things can go south quickly. The best place to look for online talent is online where companies like Guru attract highly skilled individuals looking to provide services for projects. There are multiple levels of verification that make it easy to find the perfect freelancer, and Guru boasts more than 60 million users since it was founded in 2005. This platform has also received tons of awards from top publications including Mashable and American Express as one of the best places to find & hire Freelancers online.
- Guru is an online platform that makes it easy to find and hire talented freelance contractors.•
- The site offers a variety of services, from web design to copywriting, making it easy to find the right contractor for your project.•
- Guru offers a money-back guarantee, so you can be confident in your hire.•
- The platform is easy to use and offers a variety of features, such as the ability to post projects and receive proposals from contractors.•
- Guru is a great way to save time and money when hiring freelance contractors.
- Guru takes a percentage of the contractor’s fee, so you may end up paying more than you would if you hired the contractor directly.•
- The site doesn’t offer any protection if the contractor doesn’t deliver on the project.•
- There is no way to interview the contractor before hiring them, so you have to rely on their proposal and reviews from other clients.
- You may not be able to find a freelancer with the exact skills you need.
If you’re looking for a flexible job that can supplement your income and work around your family or personal schedule, then FlexJobs is a great place to start. The site, which was founded by former CareerBuilder employees, hand-screens all of its job postings so that you only see real remote and flexible opportunities. There are currently more than 10,000 openings on offer, but with some quick searching it’s easy to find something that appeals to you.
- You can search for jobs by keyword, category, or location.•
- You can set up job alerts to be notified when new jobs that match your criteria are posted.•
- The site offers a money-back guarantee if you’re not satisfied with your membership.•
- FlexJobs hand-screens all of the jobs listed on the site to ensure they’re legitimate and reputable.•
- The site offers a variety of membership options to fit your needs (e.g., 1-month, 3-month, 6-month, or yearly).
- The monthly membership fee can be expensive for some people.•
- You may not find as many job listings on FlexJobs as you would on another job sites.•
- Some of the jobs listed on FlexJobs may require experience or qualifications that you don’t have.
- The application process can be time-consuming
- FlexJobs is only available in the United States and Canada.
If you are new to freelancing, SolidGigs is a great site for you. Start your freelancing career here and get started with projects from clients around the world! If you have zero experience as a freelancer but you have some unique skills, SolidGigs is a good place to get started. The market of SolidGigs is very fast growing. So if you want to keep working for many years ahead, join here now! Another great thing about SolidGigs is its diverse categories which help a lot in finding jobs as well as making clients find you easily! It allows anyone whether he/she has any prior experience or not to do freelance work online and make money online.
- You can get started with freelancing without any experience.•
- The site offers a variety of project options.•
- You can work with clients from around the world.•
- The site is easy to use and navigate.•
- SolidGigs offers great customer support.
- The pay is good for most projects.
- The site does not offer a lot of high-paying projects.•
- You may have to compete with other freelancers for projects.•
- The site can be slow at times.
- Some projects may have unrealistic deadlines.
- The site is not available in all countries.
If you’re looking for one site to do it all though, check out FreeUp! They’re an up-and-coming site like Fiverr that has plenty of job categories with flexible payment options. Their community is growing every day as more people sign up and list their services. While some freelancers complain about having difficulty getting jobs on sites like Fiverr, FreeUp seems to be a haven for finding work—or at least giving your portfolio a boost if you’re just starting out. Plus, if you join now (which won’t cost anything), there’s no guarantee how much longer they’ll offer free membership. If you have any kind of creative skill set or technical know-how, why not give them a try? You may find yourself earning money sooner than expected!
- FreeUp offers a wide range of job categories, so you’re sure to find something that fits your skillset.•
- Payment is flexible, so you can choose how you want to be paid.•
- The site is easy to use and navigate.•
- Customer service is responsive and helpful.•
- There is a built-in messaging system so you can easily communicate with clients.
- The site is still fairly new, so there aren’t as many jobs available as on some other sites.•
- Some of the job descriptions are vague and don’t provide enough information about what the client is looking for.•
- There have been some reports of payments being delayed or not going through at all.
Also Read: 6 Best AI Writing Software of 2022
SEOclerk is a marketplace that is geared particularly towards search engine optimization (SEO) services. You are able to filter tasks based on factors such as price, level, and more. On-page search engine optimization (SEO), building backlinks, increasing website traffic, internet marketing, and other related topics are all searchable for prospective employees. You have the option to get email notifications about other jobs that are comparable to the one you have applied for.
- It is easy to use the platform to manage projects and track progress.
- Services are specifically geared towards search engine optimization, making it easier to find what you need.•
- There is a large variety of services available, so you can find what you need at a price that fits your budget.•
- The ratings and reviews system lets you see what others have thought of the service before you purchase it, which can help you make a more informed decision.•
- You can get in touch with the service provider before making a purchase, so you can ask any questions and get a feel for their customer service.•
- The escrow system protects both buyers and sellers by ensuring that the buyer receives the services they paid for and that the seller gets paid for their work.
- Because SEO is such a complex topic, it can be difficult to know if you’re getting a good deal on services.•
- The vast majority of service providers are based in India, which may not be ideal if you’re looking for quick turnaround times or prefer to communicate in person.•
- Some users have reported feeling scammed or ripped off after purchasing services, so be sure to do your research before buying anything.
Codeable is the only platform that caters to WordPress freelancers. They connect their clients with the most qualified WordPress specialists. They assist customers in fixing any issues they have with WordPress.
Codeable will compile a list of qualified individuals for you to choose from, allowing you to easily find and hire an industry professional. Also, there is a technique for a single price that stops sellers from underpricing or inflating prices.
- Codeable only works with WordPress, so their freelancers are very knowledgeable and experienced with the platform.•
- They have a very rigorous screening process for their freelancers, so you can be confident that you’re getting quality work.•
- Codeable offers a money-back satisfaction guarantee, so you can get your money back if you’re not happy with the work.•
- They have a large pool of freelancers to choose from, so you’re likely to find someone who meets your specific needs.•
- You can get started on your project quickly and easily without having to post a job listing or interview candidates yourself.
- Codeable is more expensive than other freelancing platforms because they only work with WordPress specialists.•
- It can take some time to find the right freelancer for your project, as there are many to choose from.•
- You may have to wait for a freelancer to become available if they are already working on another project.
There are many great Fiverr alternatives out there, each with its own unique set of services and offerings. It can be tough to decide which one is right for you. We hope our list of the best 12 Fiverr alternatives has helped you find the perfect site for your needs. Do your research and take the time to find the perfect freelancer for your next project. With the right person on your team, you’ll be sure to achieve amazing things! Get started today and see how much money you can make!